Seattle the seaport city is located on the West Coast of the United States. Referred as the Emerald City, it is a bustling, vibrant urban hub surrounded by the magnificent natural beauty of the Pacific Northwest. Blessed with rich cultural history, unique location sandwiched between the Puget Sound and cascading mountain ranges, young and energetic tech boom, innovative creative scene, and the contribution of immigrants from all corners of the world has made it a booming economy and a cultural melting pot. So make a plan and book flights to Seattle, one of the fastest-growing cities in the world, birthplace of mega-brands with an eclectic nightlife scene, stylish shopping avenues and amazing food scene offer so many reasons to the visitors to come here and enjoy a great holiday trip.
There is a lot more than you can think, imagine and enjoy in the city of Seattle. Some of its must-visit attractions include:-
Space Needle:- Built-in 1962 Seattle Centre along with iconic Space Needle and Monorail are among the major attractions in the city. Originally built for the 1962 World’s Fair it has now been turned into a great entertainment area with theatre, sports facilities and restaurants. You can reach the Observation level via a 43-second elevator ride to enjoy a 360-degree view of the city along with Elliot Bay and Mt. Rainier.
Pacific Science Centre:- If you are with family and kids then a visit to the Pacific Science Centre is a must for you where you can explore galaxies in the planetarium, visit the Tropical Butterfly House and experience the groundbreaking virtual reality technologies etc.
The Living Computer Museum:- For techie’s the Living computers Museum and Labs is no less than a haven. It offers you an opportunity to explore and enjoy the history of computers, modern accomplishments and future potential of this electronic device that has revalorized the modern era.
Chihuly Garden and Glass:- Don’t miss a visit to the greatest treasures of Seattle the Chihuly Garden and Glass Museum which is dedicated to the work of and career of world-famous glassblower Dale Chihuly. The museum is quite famous for the artistic use of glass to make creative sculptures that amaze its onlookers.
Pike Place Market:- If you want to enjoy local flavours of the city then do visit the vibrant Pike Place Market where you can find fruits, vegetables and all sorts of seafood varieties that tantalize your taste buds. There are around 80 restaurants and bakeries to pick local stuff and all sorts of goodies from food stores. This historic nine-acre shopping centre has bookstalls, craft markets and antique shops that offer you an amazing experience.
Major Airports in Seattle
Major Airports serving the area of Seattle are:-
- Tacoma International Airport also referred as Sea-Tac Airport or Sea-Tac Airport in the U.S state of Washington.
- Seattle Boeing Field Airport which is 5.5 miles from the Seattle
- Paine Field Airport which is 20.9 miles from the Seattle
Major Airlines flying to Seattle
- American Airlines
- United Airlines
- Spirit Airlines
- Alaska Airlines
- Austrian Airlines
- Air France
- Virgin Atlantic
- Singapore Airlines
- Korean Air
- Qatar Airways
- China Eastern Airlines
- Cathy Pacific
- British Airways
When to book flights for Seattle
If you are planning a holiday trip to Seattle then plan your trip to grab the best deals. March is the month of most bookings to Seattle whereas December is with least bookings to Seattle. In general, January is the month when the visitors can get the cheapest flight tickets to Seattle. The best months to spend the time in Seattle are September and October and hence the tourism in the city is on its peak and thus the hotel room availability drops. Early fall is also an excellent time of the year to visit the city.
Best time to visit
The climatic conditions in Seattle are consistently warm, dry and sunny from mid-July through September. The best time to visit Seattle is from June to September.` `It is the time when the sky is clear and visitors can indulge in various outdoor activities like hiking, biking, boating etc. But there is not a firm boundary on summers and visitors can visit Seattle in spring and early fall and thus can enjoy their Seattle holidays from May through October. Just skip the winters over here as it you will find the city chilly, grey and wet.
Useful travel tips
- Hotels in Seattle are quite expensive so don’t make the mistake to stay in the suburbs. Instead, save your money and book lesser-known hotels and bread and breakfast places in town.
- If you want to explore the maximum attractions in the city then get the Seattle City Pass which surely saves you time and money.
- Public transport is good in the city. You can avail of various options like Uber cabs, Metro Buses, Link Light Rail, electric rented bikes etc.
- Seattle neighbourhoods are also worth exploring and are one of the features that make the city even more charismatic. Do visit some of its amazing neighbourhoods such as Queen Anne Hill, Green Lake, Madison Park and Ballard etc.
- Seattle is known for its great food, and beer abut quite famous for its truly amazing
- There are lots of opportunities for shopaholics and thus they can surely enjoy their time over here. Some of its must-visit markets are The University Village, Downtown, Bellevue Square, Pike Place Market etc.