Orlando is a city in the U.S state of Florida is among the most visited destinations in the world welcoming tens-of-millions of visitors every year. Nicknamed as “The City Beautiful”, it is renowned as “The Theme Park Capital” which steals all the limelight along with lots of surprising amount of things that one can experience over here. Decked with lovely neighbours, fabulous cuisines, great performing art scene, stunning museums and art galleries, world-famous restaurants, vibrant culture, high-end shopping avenues, theatrical performances, lively festivals and events, amazing concert and sporting events and the balmy climatic conditions make it truly a year-round destination which has something for its every visitor. So why delay! Book cheap flights to Orlando and enjoy a great holiday trip.
Visited by millions of visitors every year, Orlando is one of the most sought-after tourist destinations full of amazing attractions that you just can’t visit on a single trip. Some of its must-see attractions include:-
Wald Disney World:-It is Florida’s most popular family attraction with four major parks which are Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and the Animal Kingdom all of which all are amazing and offer its visitors just out of the world experience and is the dream destination of every family.
Lake Eola Park:- It is truly a gem in the city situated in the heart of downtown Orlando is a beautiful spot in the city that keeps visitors entertained throughout the year through various fairs and festivals. Just strolling and interacting with locals or taking a ride on the swan boat there is a lot that you can do over here.
Universal Studio:- Don’t miss a visit to Universal Studio, a combination of a theme park and working studio designed in consultation with Steven Spielberg that offers visitors an insight into filmmaking. Along with it, there is Universal Island of Adventure which has seven themed island parks each dedicated to a film franchise. It is a huge entertainment complex with lots of options like dining, shopping, theatre etc to entertain its visitors.
Orlando Eye:- If you are not afraid of heights and want to capture the bird eye view of the city then you just can’t afford to miss Coca Cola Orlando Eye which is a new addition to the city’s major attractions. This 400-feet tall eye features glass capsules offer you amazing views of Florida.
SeaWorld:- Enjoy the underwater-life of amazing marine life, play with dolphins and whale shows in SeaWorld the famous massive aquarium. It is truly an amazing experience for the visitors to feed dolphins, play with them and enjoy many fun rides.
Major Airports in Orlando
The major international airport serving the area is :-
- Orlando International Airport, Florida, United States is the major international Airport serving the area is the busiest airport in Florida and the tenth-busiest airport in the United States.
Major Airlines flying to Orlando
Some major airlines flying to Orlando include
- Southwest Airline
- Spirit Airline
- Frontier Airline
- Delta Airlines
- Qatar Airways
- Virgin Atlantic
- British Airways
- Turkish Airlines
- Azul Airlines
- American Airlines
When to book flights for Orlando
If you are looking for a holiday trip to Orlando then hurry! January is the best time to visit and October as it is the most expensive month for flight deals with on an average 7% higher than the typical flight ticket. The cheapest time for flight bookings is 25 days in advance and the cheapest day to fly to Orlando is Wednesday. The cheapest time to fly to Orlando is August and cheapest day to buy a flight to Orlando is Tuesday.
Best time to visit
Orlando is one of the most popular destinations for families due to its theme parks. If you are planning a fun-filled holiday trip which is not very expensive as well then the best time to visit Orlando is from March to May. During this time you will found fewer crowds, agreeable prices on air tickets and accommodations and absolutely perfect weather to enjoy some amazing attractions with your family and friends. Likewise, September to mid-November is also a favourable time due to comfortable temperatures and reasonable hotel and accommodation rates.
Useful Travel Tips
- Orlando is quite a popular destination full of amazing attractions and thus a little planning in advance is quite useful for a fun-packed holiday trip.
- As the city is full of amazing theme parks so booking tickets online before you arrive saves your time and money. You can also try for discounted passes to Walt Disney, Universal Orlando Resort and SeaWorld etc.
- If you want to enjoy maximum on your holiday trip then opt for a hotel on International Drive or I Drive where you can get budget motels to luxury resorts which all are within walking distance from hundreds of attractions.
- If you are I the city then you try to visit most of if amazing theme parks as possible. In such a case combination tickets are the best way to access all the parks you want at the best price available. The combination and multi-park tickets offer much flexibility and help you to park hopping.
- Plan your visit during the spring and autumn seasons to get good accommodation, lower crowds and great weather to enjoy the maximum
- Don’t eat all the meals at theme parks as it is bit costly. Those who use the Kids Eat Free dining card attached with attraction tickets will certainly save some money
- You can easily skip the long waiting queues by making use of quick queue pass. Walt Disney World’s FastPass+ allows you to select three attractions free of cost and the choices are available with you for 30 days before your arrival at park