Miami or the City of Miami is the seat of Miami-Dade County is located on the Atlantic Coast of Florida is one of the most happening cities in the United States. Visited by tourists from all corners of the world it is also known as the cruise capital of the world with ships sailing from Port Miami to the various destinations around the world. It is the economic, financial and cultural melting pot is the influx of South American and Spanish culture that beautifully blends with Latin rhythm and Cuban cuisines. Decked with beautiful beaches, blazing nightlife, amazing shopping avenues, lively bars and nightclubs, delicious cuisines, with one of the largest collection of Art Deco architecture etc make it truly a buzzing destination that one should visit. So make a plan now and book flights to Miami the city which has an undeniable allure which is more than enough to mesmerize you.
There is so much to see do and explore in the most attractive city Miami that one visit to it is not at all enough. Some of its must-see attractions include:-
Miami Beach:- Miami Beach is among the top-most attractions of the city which is located on a barrier island connected to the mainland with numerous bridges. For most of the visitors South Beach, Ocean Drive and the Art Deco Historic District are among its major attractions. There are lots of shops, restaurants and live entertainment areas to enjoy some great time.
Vizcaya Museum & Gardens:- take a break from the beach and move towards National Historic Landmark, the Renaissance-style Villa Vizcaya Museum and Garden. Spread in 28-acres of land, it belongs to agricultural industrialist James Deering is renowned for its authentic design and impressive European-style furniture and decorative artifacts from 15th to 19th century.
Calle Ocho:- You surely love to visit Calle Ocho the Little Havana, the Cuban district which is renowned for its wealth of attractions and distinctive cultural scene. The area offers a great deal of entertainment, great food, live music, coffee shops and shopping avenues etc is a good place to enjoy your day.
Everglades National Park:-Just a short drive from Miami, Everglades National Park is a must-visit for nature lovers. It protects one of Florida’s most unique flora and fauna. An airboat tour to Everglades offers its visitors the most memorable experience.
Bayside Marketplace:- If you are a shopaholic then you just can’t afford to miss a visit to Bayside Marketplace. It is a large outdoor style mall with more than 150 shopping avenues, cafes, and restaurants. As it is located at Miami’s waterfront so looking at docks and boats is also a pleasant experience for most of the visitors.
Major Airports in Miami
Miami has two major airports serving the area which are:-
- Miami International Airport, the largest airport in Florida
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport, a convenient alternative to the Miami Airport and is just an hour drive from Miami
Major Airlines flying to Miami
Some major airlines that offer flights to Miami include:-
- American Airlines
- British Airways
- Delta Airlines
- Air France
- Air Portugal
- Qatar Airways
- Turkish Airlines
- Virgin Atlantic
- Air Canada
- Etihad Airways
- Gulf Air
- United Airlines
When to book flights for Miami
If you are planning a holiday trip for Miami then book 1-2 months in advance to save a few bucks. Flights booked in January and February is quite cheaper as compared to be booked in March when the prices are highest as compared to the rest of the year. September is a comparatively best month if you are looking to save on flights. August is the cheapest time to fly but you risk rainy weather and even the hurricanes.
Best time to Visit
Miami, Florida has a warm climate with a fair share of rains from June to November. August is the hottest month along with a good deal of humidity. The best time to visit Miami is spring from March to May. Aside from the gorgeous weather and sun shines, weather is warm and humidity of summers has not fully arrived. It is also the end of high season so you will get good accommodation and flight rates. It is also the time to enjoy beach holidays in Florida.
Useful travel tips
- Miami is one of the hottest destinations in the United States so it no not a cheap destination. So if you are planning a holiday trip then you have to be prepared for high prices
- Apartment and hotel accommodations are pretty expensive so plan your holidays in off season
- Do learn a few words in Spanish as Miami is bilingual city with more than 70 percent of its residents are Hispanic
- Miami has the largest street-grid system and if you get around by car then rent a car and make sure to get a SunPass to pay at parking and tolls
- If you want to skip the rental car and want to explore the city on a public transit system the Metrobus is fairly expensive and rarely on time. Car2Go and Citi Bike are two sharing services that allow you to register and get around
- In Miami enjoy cashless travel. With credit card pay anything including the airport services, car rentals etc.
- Miami is a hot spot for parties but alcohol is not allowed if you are below 21. Drinking is also prohibited on roads and beaches.