Denver is the most populous municipality of Colorado is among the fastest growing cities in the world. Located along the Rocky Mountain Front Range, the city is nicknamed as the “Mile High City” because of its elevation of exactly one mile above the sea level. It is a city of pleasant weather with 300 days of sunshine and has more than 200 Parks within the city spreading across 20,000 acres in the nearby mountains. One can easily explore this beautiful city as Denver boasts the 10th largest downtown in the country and one of the most walkable downtowns in the nation. Love for sports from football to basket ball, a great city emerging as a model for sustainable cities, delicious delicacies, one of the largest performing art complexes in the country, good public transit system, etc make it a great destination to visit. So fly to Denver to explore more interesting facts about the city.
Denver is truly a great city to visit. From beautiful parks to vibrant art scene, from historic landmarks to brilliant architecture everything here is truly magnificent.
Red Rocks Park & Amphitheatre:-Just 15 miles from the city centre, Red Rocks Park is worth visit. It is the most revered attraction around Denver that attracts live music talent and is most famous for its acoustics.
Denver Museum of Nature and Sciences:- It as among the top-most cultural attractions in the city. Among all its exhibits the most notable is imposing dinosaur skeleton, remains of Ice Age animals and minerals presented by the Coors family. It also has an IMAX theatre and a Planetarium with changing exhibits.
Downtown Denver:- Enjoy walking or free shuttle bus on the 16th Street Mall, it is among the fourth most walkable downtown in the nation. It is home to popular attractions in Denver such as Union station, LoDo Historic District etc.
Larimer Square:- You surely love to visit the first commercial district in the city , Larimer Square. It is the most historic and oldest block in the city which has a vibrant shopping and dining scene with many top-rated restaurants and several high-end boutiques and nightclubs.
Denver Botanic Garden:-First laid out in 1950s, Denver Botanic Garden is one of the largest botanic garden in the country spreading across 23 acres next to Cheesman Park. It also hosts special events throughout the year and hosts several concerts to attract new talent.
When to book flights for Denver
If you are planning a holiday trip to Denver and looking for cheap flights then spring and fall are the best seasons when you will get cheap flight tickets to Denver. When looking for the best fares then Monday is the best fares for Denver. Business travellers generally fly on Monday and return on Thursday or Friday.
Major Airports in Denver
Major airports that serve area around Denver, Colorado, United States include:-
- Denver International Airport is the primarily commercial airport
- Centennial Airport Metropolitan Airport
- Front Range Airport
- Boulder Municipal Airport
- Erie Municipal Airport
Major Airlines fly to Denver
Some major airlines that offer flights to Denver include:-
- United Airlines
- Air Canada
- Southwest Airlines
- Spirit Airlines
- British Airways
- Austrian Airlines
- Qatar Airways
- Virgin Atlantic
- Turkish Airlines
- Cathy Pacific
- Ethiopian Airlines
Best time to visit
The best time to enjoy pleasant weather in Denver is its summer season. The city is found in the semi-arid continental climate zone with no extreme temperatures and thus summer is good time to visit Denver which is June to August which leads to higher airfares and hotel accommodations. The best time to visit Denver is from April through May and then September through October. This is shoulder season characterized by comfortable temperature and low hotel and airfare rates. Winter is like an off season over here with small crowd size and colder temperatures. So if you are an avid skier then do visit the city between late November and at the end of March and if you love hiking or mountain biking then the best time to visit Denver is May and October.
Useful Travel Tips
Denver is best known as a gateway to the Rocky Mountains and a stopover on the way to Colorado’s beautiful ski areas. Here are few useful travel tips that help visitors to explore maximum on their holidays and that too well within budget.
- Denver is walkable downtown and can be easily accessed by the A-Line Train. The other options of transportations are the free 16th Street Mall Shuttle, the city’s bike sharing system and pedicabs that allow you to explore the city that too well within your budget
- If you are an adventure enthusiast then you can enjoy endless affordable trekking and climbing opportunities
- If you want to enjoy maximum on your holiday trip then do take care of weather conditions as July is the hottest month and January is the coldest month to visit
- The cost of travelling to Denver is somewhere in the middle of pack as it is not too cheap not too expensive
- If you want to explore maximum attractions in the city then go for a City Pass which allow free entry to lot of Denver’s must-see places and give you concession for public transport as well
- If you love food and save few bucks on it then take advantage of Happy hours which is between 4-6 pm or even late when most of the restaurants and bars offer special prices on food and drink.